Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Should I continue this blog?

I promise you that this isn't some desperate plea for attention. I would rather intrigue you with my words and insight into my kinky preferences. But I am curious to know, due to my own efforts or the seemingly downward trend in the blog scene, that my blog is of interest to enough people anymore.

There will always be blogs of note, from those who have an eloquent ability and style, that will stand the test of time. Two of which I commend are Denying Thumper and Emma Kelly's blog. There are in fact others, but the reason I bring them up specifically is because both thumper and Scott seem to find a way to dig deep and say what I am always thinking. I do try to articulate my thoughts and I think I do a pretty decent job, but I don't know if it is enough to carry an audience in a day and age when Twitter and even Tumblr are a much easier way to get your fix with quicker hits. Thumper along with Scott and Kelly have a loyal following because of their supreme writing style, and I think that is what matters most.

I guess my question is, do you still read my blog when I update it? I haven't been updating it as much as I normally like to. I do have many ideas but rarely feel the need to put them down the way I did in the past. I just felt that there was more of a sense of community in blog nation back in the day. Now it's all about the sound byte. Are there enough readers here for me to keep true to the game?

No matter what, I will always feel the need to write. But I might just take my ramblings over to Fetlife, or if I have a quick thought, to Tumblr. They will be seen by more people I think. But if there is still an audience here, I will not let them down. I will continue. Please help me decide.

4 comments:

  1. I have had periods where I wondered the same thing, but the truth is (at least in my experience) the more you post the more interest you will get. My stats can alter dramatically dependant on the level of posting. Also if you post regularly people feel more involved in your life, you can't get that from the occasional update. Looking at your posts for 2013 there was only 33, that's just more than once a fortnight...it's not really regular enough to capture and hold an audience. I hope this helps and I hope you do continue because it's always interesting to read other people's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Robert, the more you post, the more people will want to read. I enjoy blogs where I can get really invested in the person and their journey.

    I wouldn't worry about comparing yourself to other bloggers, just be true to yourself, express yourself in your own style. Hope to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does seem like many a blog has fizzled out lately. Mine went AWOL for a while, mainly because it had a change in purpose. I find it useful for me personally to get my thoughts out and frankly I do enjoy reader comments, even though I don't get as many as I'd like. My vote would be to keep going!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've enjoyed your writings a lot, and I hope that you continue. Sometimes I write more for myself, I find it to be a great way to sort out my thoughts, and though at times it doesn't matter if someone reads, I always welcome the feedback, eventually. Please hang in there!

    ReplyDelete